CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC16F886 PWM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
razavi

PIC16F886 PWM
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:47 am     Reply with quote

Hi,
I have this development kit
http://www.ccsinfo.com/product_info.php?products_id=wirelesszigb
Sorry for my newbie question, I want to generate 10Khz PWM with one of the 16F886 module. Is it possible ?
From the examples and header files I don't get when we enable the pwm, which pin generates the frequency output ?
Regards
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:37 am     Reply with quote

The key part of this, is to start by looking at the chip's data sheet.
A lot may be beyond you initially, but look for the section on the CCP, and it'll give the logical 'name' for the output pin. Then look at the pin diagram, and find which physcial pin this is on. 'Viola', you have then found which pin the PWM comes out on....
The data sheet for the PIC you are using, is a vital part of the data you need to have, to work with PIC's. The compiler doesn't tell you, because there are hundreds of different PICs, with dozens of different output pin combinations...
On whether you 'can' develop a 10K PWM, almost certainly. What resolution you will have, and how close you can get will depend on the clock frequency of the PIC.

Best Wishes
pmuldoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:48 am     Reply with quote

Good answer, Ttelmah.
I'm starting to think that some of the vague questions I see on this forum are just looking for a nudge to push them in the right direction, rather than a detailed analysis and solution.
razavi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:40 pm     Reply with quote

Thank you for your response Ttelmah, I'll try to find it out from data sheet.
and I think this place is not only for professional people, 3 weeks ago I didn't know anything about PIC and in this place that I'm living there is no one that know anything about these things, at least with help of people like Ttelmah I established my xigbee, i2c, serial connection, A2D, D2A with max519 and ....
I know these kind of questions may not be useful for pro people.
Sorry for my bad english.
Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: