CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIR sensor PIC16f877

View previous topic :: View next topic  
delifadzli

PIR sensor PIC16f877
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:53 pm     Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I want to ask on how to deal with PIR sensor. PIR sensor is basically a motion detector that detect motion. So in this case, I would like use that sensor to act as as input to my ceiling fan controller (using LM35 sensor).

The problem is, this sensor only operates as the motion goes through. While in my project I would like to use it to detect the human that pass through the door which automatically turn on the entire ceiling fan controller. I wonder, as the human pass through the door like 5 meter away from the door...isn't the overall system will turn off? How to make it still be operating??? I just want to turn it off (overall system) if the human leave the door/room.

Easy to say, if someone entering the room overall system still on. If someone leave the room the system will be off.

Can anyone help me?

And another thing... if I want to implement counter...just implement it on the code? Or need to buy some hardware? Sorry for my weakness.
delifadzli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:42 am     Reply with quote

Here is schematic that I found regarding automatic light controller based on human detection.

So here I wanna ask...isn't ok to use this diagram by replacing AT89s52 with PIC16f877A and the InfraRed sensor being replaced with PIR sensor?

The schematic I found consist of transmitter and receiver part. I would like to eliminate the transmitter circuit and just use the receiver part ( Infrared sensor replaced with PIR sensor).
delifadzli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:43 am     Reply with quote

transmitter link : http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3gu68B4AUcs/SyDtYYXVrdI/AAAAAAAAAAk/c5ln9WJ70lM/s1600-h/room1.gif

Receiver link : http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3gu68B4AUcs/SyDtPpgx06I/AAAAAAAAAAc/dxzUCRw_zbk/s1600-h/room.gif
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: