CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

VB6.0 code for CRC16 (RTU protocal)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutthunaveen

VB6.0 code for CRC16 (RTU protocal)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:33 am     Reply with quote

dear forum

can any one please give me the code (or links) for calculating CRC16 code in VB6.0.... i studeid a lot in the VB6.0 (actually Googled) i found some but they are not that perfect then what i expect.... even i tried to write the algo but i have problems with Right rotate accumulator (that is variable in the VB) and also problem with defining the 16 bit register... ( for 8 bit(1byte) it is "easy dim x as BYTE" but for 2 bytes Rolling Eyes )

please some one help me .........
collink

Re: VB6.0 code for CRC16 (RTU protocal)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:37 am     Reply with quote

mutthunaveen wrote:
dear forum

can any one please give me the code (or links) for calculating CRC16 code in VB6.0.... i studeid a lot in the VB6.0 (actually Googled) i found some but they are not that perfect then what i expect.... even i tried to write the algo but i have problems with Right rotate accumulator (that is variable in the VB) and also problem with defining the 16 bit register... ( for 8 bit(1byte) it is "easy dim x as BYTE" but for 2 bytes Rolling Eyes )

please some one help me .........

This is a forum dedicated to discussing PIC programming with the CCS compiler. VB6 on a PC is neither. Keep searching google. VB6 is ancient, I'm sure someone has done exactly what you want.
mutthunaveen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:20 am     Reply with quote

thanks collink.... yes this is a ccs forum....

but some one who are using this forum may used this VB6.0 for MODBUS protocol.... between PC and PIC... they might help me in giving the code.... thanks
Humberto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:55 am     Reply with quote

May be you would like to know this regarding the CRC16 for MODBUS protocol, CCS uses the same CRC16
table as defined in the Modbus Standard, it is plain table assignment, not a complex algoritm.

Humberto
mutthunaveen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:57 am     Reply with quote

Humberto wrote:
May be you would like to know this regarding the CRC16 for MODBUS protocol, CCS uses the same CRC16
table as defined in the Modbus Standard, it is plain table assignment, not a complex algoritm.

Humberto

hi bro can u please explain me in detail.... how can i use this and implement MODBUS between PC and PIC...
Humberto

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:16 am     Reply with quote

Quote:

even i tried to write the algo but i have problems with Right rotate accumulator (that is variable in the VB) and
also problem with defining the 16 bit register... ( for 8 bit(1byte) it is "easy dim x as BYTE" but for 2 bytes

This is a C forum, my intention was just to give you a clue regarding how to get the CRC16, I assume that if you
could write it in VB a mathematical algoritm approach to calculate it, you can do it applying the table assignement
method, that is used by CCS.

Humberto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: