CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC18F8723 errata

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bennyboos

PIC18F8723 errata
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:49 am     Reply with quote

Whilst using ChipEdit to tweak the compiler scratch area I noticed that the Errata check box had ticks against "Don't use RETFIE 1" and "Set Bit 9 when Idle".
Whilst these are valid errata for the 8722 devices they do not (as far as I know) apply to the 8723 device which I am using. Is this just an error in CCS's chip definition does anyone know ?

Thanks
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 pm     Reply with quote

I think it is a 'bit of both'. When the 8723 was launched, the engineering prototypes, has a revA erratum sheet. This has a lot more faults than the chips that actually launched (similar to the A1 erratum on the 8722). I have only ever seen this sheet 'in paper', and the chips were only ever shipped as samples. The ones that appeared as production examples, don't have the faults you describe. I'd suspect CCS have the paper sheet, and based their database entry on this.

Best Wishes
bennyboos

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:45 am     Reply with quote

Well my ICD3 is reporting the chip as being revision 00002 so I'll give it a try with the errata disabled...
Thanks for your input.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: