CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

USB O-scope demo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ringo42

USB O-scope demo
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:39 pm     Reply with quote

I'm using 4.085.
I have the USB demo kit I purchased a few years ago. I recently got the new VB versions of the Oscope projects. I changed the pic to a 18F2455.h but left the rest of the code alone.

I plug in the board into a USB port and it asks for a driver. I tried pointing it at usbdemo.sys which came with the demo kit. When I run either of the VB programs (OScopeVB MCHPUSB or OScopeVB WinUSB) the program runs but do not see the board. Looking at the source code it looks like the VB program should see the board attached, then I can connect to it. I do not see an attached message and connect does nothing. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there more than 1 version of ex_usb_scope.c? Could I have an old .c file that does not work with the new VB projects? I can see the board in Device manager and it looks ok.
I also tried using drivers that come with the VB project and they don't work either, and Device manager is not happy with them.
Any thoughts?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ringo

Re: USB O-scope demo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 pm     Reply with quote

I never have been able to use the OScope demo either. When I plug in the Demo Board, Winxp ask for the driver, and I point it to where the INF and SYS files are in the USB folder. Then it says it can't install the device because it could not find the correct software.

Anyone know about that one?
Richard
Ringo42

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:39 am     Reply with quote

I installed it on another computer and this time I pointed to the drivers in the directory with the demo program, not the usb directory and it works.

I have not tried fixing the original computer yet, but according to CCS here is what to do.
"On the computer that is using the wrong driver, plug-in the device - then goto device manager, highlight the device, and press delete. Confirm that you want to un-install the device.

Once it is uninstalled, goto C:\windows\inf and delete all oem*.inf files"

Ringo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I did exactly that, and I still get that the device can not be installed because the proper software could not be found.

My drivers were in the c:\Program Files\Picc\USB folder. BULKUSBDEMO.INF and USBDEMO.SYS

I had deleted the device (Uninstalled it) and also deleted all the OEM*.INF files.

No luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: