CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

anyone used dma with the dspic?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starfire151

anyone used dma with the dspic?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:01 pm     Reply with quote

Has anyone used the DMA facility built into the dsPIC33FJ128GP706 (or similar) devices?

The latest version of the PCD manual states three parameters for the dma_start() instruction (channel. mode, and address). I bought the CCS dsPIC Analog Development Board and have the Lesson 12 Tutorial working (thanks to help from Corey in CCS Tech Support) but it lists 4 variables in the dma_start() instruction. I believe the 4th parameter is probably for the number of values to transfer, with the size of the values specified in the setup_dma() instruction. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Dave

Re: anyone used dma with the dspic?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:18 am     Reply with quote

Hi Starfire151,

I also bought the dsPIC Analog Development Board but the example 12 is not working for me. It cannot detect the SD/MMC card. Can you share the source code about the example 12?

- shaharil -

starfire151 wrote:
Has anyone used the DMA facility built into the dsPIC33FJ128GP706 (or similar) devices?

The latest version of the PCD manual states three parameters for the dma_start() instruction (channel. mode, and address). I bought the CCS dsPIC Analog Development Board and have the Lesson 12 Tutorial working (thanks to help from Corey in CCS Tech Support) but it lists 4 variables in the dma_start() instruction. I believe the 4th parameter is probably for the number of values to transfer, with the size of the values specified in the setup_dma() instruction. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: