CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CnC'd Plastic Parts

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
logical

CnC'd Plastic Parts
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:35 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

Had a look round on this forum as to not tread on anyones toes but could not find anything related so here it is:

Don't know if this is any use to anyone BUT when I was first starting out on product/prototype a long time ago, I sure as hell wish that I could have found something like this.

Basically I bought a desktop CNC Machine, if you need any small parts creating from top quality engineering plastic (Acetal Black) or even (Nylon 6 Blue) drop me a message, this is not a business venture as the CNC is used by myself for other work which is totally different to this.
Other materials I am going to start offering is Polycarbonate and Tinted Acrylic, I don't do alloy as the last few parts I did (for my own car) looked fine but took for ever to do and made a super mess.

Brackets, Face Plates, Small Enclosures, Engraving etc etc

You would need to download something like Emachine Shop and send me an Iges, alternatively a 2d image would do for simple 2d cut outs, I don't have time to create custom projects based on a rough idea as that would be time consuming and outside the scope of what I am offering.

Best bet would be to PM me.

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:40 am     Reply with quote

can you detail the cnc machine, so we can get an idea of its capabilities
Mike
logical

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:04 am     Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
can you detail the cnc machine, so we can get an idea of its capabilities
Mike

Hi Mike,

Sure thing, it is a small desktop machine which has been upgraded in terms of speed and accuracy, parts wise up to 200x250 and highly accurate with it (better than 0.1mm accuracy for speed)
Cut thickness anywhere up to 25mm.
2x Spindles, 1=100watt and the other 1.1HP but I prefer to run it on the 100w even thought things take longer, the noise levels are fine in the small workshop without having to wear ear defenders.

I have access to another machine (my brothers) which is a Heiz720s for much larger projects (720mm cutting bed)

Not trying to make out that I am some big production shop as that is not the case, for small/quick/decent quality and cheap prototypes then that is something I can offer.

Have manufactured many small production runs of small parts even down to gears with 12mm press fit bearings.

Regards

Chris

+++++++++++++++++++
Locking.

Reason: Plastic parts are not on topic. See Forum Rule #6.

6. Stay on topic
This forum's sole purpose is to help people with programming Microchip's
in CCS PIC C. Also, generally any discussion about Microchip's,
firmware designing and electronic components in embedded systems is
considered on topic.
+++++++++++++++++++
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: