CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

DS18B20[about the performance characteristics (V vs T)graph]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jason0309

DS18B20[about the performance characteristics (V vs T)graph]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:47 am     Reply with quote

Base on my research, there are no V(DQ) vs T(Temperature) graph in the DS18B20 datasheet. Does anyone have the DS18B20 V vs T graph?

My project is roof sprinkler. So the DS18B20 have to sense a certain temperature, then trigger my sprinkler to on and off and show the temperature value in LCD. I heard some people say that you have to plot the V vs T graph first, only can write the program.

Or, we no need to bother the V vs T graph?

For you all more clear, I will give you an example:
Sprinkler at first is embed in my roof, when T=below 31C, sprinkler will remain off, when T= above 32C below 60C, DS18B20 will sense signal to PIC16F877A to trigger the sprinkler to on. When T is above 60, sprinkler will sprinkler more faster and the alarm will go on to indicate there is a fire hazard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:46 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

V vs. T graph?? Do you mean 'voltage as a function of temperature'? Did you read the data sheet? Did you search the forum archives? The DS18B20 is a one wire digital temperature sensor that returns a digital word representing temperature, NOT an analog voltage.

Good luck on your project ;-)!

Chad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: