CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

RFID serial string

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ds

RFID serial string
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:06 pm     Reply with quote

Hi all,
I want to create a custom RFID tag system. I am looking at the parallax rfid reader. It sends a signal via RS232 serial ASCII string to the pic. I am fairly new to programming with PICs and CCS. I was wondering which functions are necessary to store the ASCII data inputed via rs232. Once stored I want to compare against stored variables to see if there is a match! Am I on the right track? I was thinking of kbhit to detect if serial input is coming in, and then gets() to store the string. The data sheet says:

When a valid RFID transponder tag is placed within range of the activated reader, the unique ID will be transmitted as a 12-byte ASCII string via the TTL-level SOUT (Serial Output) pin.

All communication is 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, non-inverted, least significant bit first (8N1). The baud rate is configured for 2400bps.

Thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: