CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS PCD C Compiler, Version 4.095 problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Kinchin

CCS PCD C Compiler, Version 4.095 problems
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:00 am     Reply with quote

Hi this seems very fundamental so it must be finger problems in my part.
I have just down loaded the 16bit version of the compiler after many years of using the 8 bit versions, and I am finding 2 annoying and fundamental problems and hope there is some help.

1. The fuses are not being placed in the config (I am using mplab 8.33) this I have proved by manually setting them and the micro PIC24FJ256GB110 functions correctly and the config is not changed by the compiled program.

2. The programmer ICD2 always programs the entire device even though I have the settings for the compiler to set the limits.

Both of these features of course work with the original 8 bit compiler.

Hope there is an answer
Regards Robert
FvM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:53 am     Reply with quote

Generally, PCD is processing configurations correctly, there are possibly problems with particular settings. you may want to post a short example ind show what's processed incorrect there.

I've been using partial programming with PIC24F chips and MPLAB/ICD2. If it doesn't work, it's surely no PCD issue.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 am     Reply with quote

Thanks FvM, I have fixed it, knew it was fingers, I had the 128k version device in the header and 256K version device in select so the config was being written to the wrong place. Stupid me need to fix me glasses lol

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: