CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Get rid of parasitic UART power

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pulurumbuluruciu

Get rid of parasitic UART power
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:07 pm     Reply with quote

Hi , I`m having a problem with parasitic power on my 18f PIC. I have a power switch to turn ON/OFF the circuit but it wont work because with a PL2032 USB/UART converter the PIC gets parasitic power and never turns off...with a FTDI such thing is not happening..but is way more expensive in the long run..Is there a simple solution to get rid of that parasitic power when using a cheap 2032 converter? Thank you very much
newguy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:42 pm     Reply with quote

If the parasitic power is coupling into your board's Vcc, then perhaps a PIC controlled high side switch (PMOS FET) Vcc -- FET -- PL2032 would do the trick. If the power is being drawn on the RX/TX line(s), a simple 100R series resistor(s) between PIC and PL2032 should suffice.
pulurumbuluruciu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:39 am     Reply with quote

Hi , thank you, the 100R resistor did not work , however with a 2KOhm resistor it works , no more parasitic power , yey Very Happy thank you again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: