CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Reading values greater than resolution from analog channel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
semiherakay

Reading values greater than resolution from analog channel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:41 am     Reply with quote

I'am using 16F886. In my program, I'm trying to check 3 different analog channels continuesly. I'm also using timer1 interrupt with two different starting point successivly. First interrupt cycle ranges from 0,4 ms to 9,6 ms and successive interrupt cycle from 9,6 to 0,4 ms as you see I'm trying to generate a PWM signal with different duty in 50HZ to generate a voltage at different levels.

I'm trying to check voltage level from one of my analog channel. In low level voltage values (150V-200v)there is no problem with adc but when voltage level is getting bigger(>200v -300v) I'cant read correct values from adc. Returning values are greater than 1023 (16F886 has 10 bit resolution adc) in high voltage levels.

If you have any suggestion I'll be glad.
Foppie

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:20 am     Reply with quote

I would say: look at your voltage divider.
What sort of hardware do you use to get these high voltages to the low voltages the PIC accepts?

If this PIC however supports high voltages (I'm unaware, but haven't worked with that PIC before) then have a look at the datasheet.

Jos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: