CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

problem with heart beat monitor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
binu.kr

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

problem with heart beat monitor
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:15 am     Reply with quote

hai everybody
now iam working with a heart beat monitoring project in p16f877a...finger is used to detect the heart beat count....but it doesnt give actual count ..in one minits its counts more than 256...if we not place finger in sensor part its give proper count means '0'..but wen we place the finger between high intensity red led and ldr count is more than 256..i think fluctuations in the finger affecting the sensing part.. i dont know how to attach circuit diagram iam using LM358 and the 7th pin of lm358 is the sensor output ..iam connecting the 7 th pin to a ledand also to PORTC0 PIN BUT IAM NOT USING ANY PULL UP IN PORTCO PIN....CAN U PLAESE HELP ME TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM
THIS IS THE CIRCUIT DIAGRAM LINK http://onlinetps.com/heartbeat.GIF

thankzzzzzzzzzzzzz in advance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:46 am     Reply with quote

Have you checked the output signal from the hardware on an oscilloscope to check the output is occuring at the expected rate?
FvM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:07 am     Reply with quote

Although it's a bad circuit to my opinion (threshold depends on LM358 offset voltage, missing hysteresis), what was the result when systematicly varying the gain and threshold adjustment?
binu.kr

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:10 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for your valuable reply.
I don't have any oscilloscope. But now I'm given a pullup in RC0 and 100uf capacitor at the output pin of lm358. It improves the count approximately equal to 70 per minutes. But it not stable always, sometimes its varying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:19 am     Reply with quote

Why not using a linear AC amplifier and the PIC ADC as a programmable threshold detector?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: