CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Slow ping respond from the Ethernet board (18F4620+ENC28J60)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leejok2003

Slow ping respond from the Ethernet board (18F4620+ENC28J60)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:33 am     Reply with quote

HI,

Finally i have managed to build my prototyping board on PCB. I have test the board with the ping function in the command prompt. It seems that i takes longer time to respond (1s) if compare to the prototyping board i use (32ms) all ping with 32 byte...

It the problem related to the intermediate of the PIC and the ENC or the RJ45 jack's problem?
asmallri

Re: Slow ping respond from the Ethernet board (18F4620+ENC28
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:00 am     Reply with quote

leejok2003 wrote:
... It seems that i takes longer time to respond (1s) if compare to the prototyping board i use (32ms) all ping with 32 byte...

It the problem related to the intermediate of the PIC and the ENC or the RJ45 jack's problem?

The problem is almost certainly software. Assuming your application is not doing anything silly then a likey culprit is a buffer management problem in the Ethernet controller (managed by the PIC). I suspect that when a packet arrives into the ENC your software is extracting from the wrong place. Then as more packets arrive (as the result of broadcast traffic) they are added to the buffer (and therefore the available packet count increases) until finally the PIC software gets to the ping packet and then responds immediately from the PICs perspective.

http://www.brushelectronics.com/software
Home of Ethernet, SD card and Encrypted Serial Bootloaders for PICs!!
leejok2003

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:23 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,
Finally i found the problem! It's the connection problem with the crystal. The board is not receiving oscillation from the crystal, but weird, the board can respond to the request, and display the webpage with slow respond time.

By the way, it the crystal speed affects the PIC if i use use 20Mhz instead of 25Mhz which i program for it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: