CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PYXOS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansknec

PYXOS
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:16 pm     Reply with quote

I have an offer.

I was lucky enough to be selected as a beta tester for the Pyxos networking chips. I received their Pyxos FT EVK evaluation kit ($350) and helped them debug their tech manual, etc. My ultimate goal was to port the technology into the PIC world using the CCS compiler, but I have not had the time. All of their examples are using Atmel microcontrollers.

I would be willing to hand off my evaluation kit to someone here if there is interest. The only caveat I have is that the person who gets my kit will actually develop a small network with a PIC serving as master and two more as a slave nodes. The recipient would then have to write up a tech note that the rest of us could follow to implement our own network.

Master controller must obtain temperature reading from one slave and a single I/O point status from the other slave and report it via LCD or serial. Master will also have a button that will light up an LED on one of the slaves when pressed.

I want the tech note to be simple. Don't go overboard and have the system use USB or other more complex functions. Use simple PIC16F or PIC12F devices that are easily scaled up to the higher level devices.

A timeline of 6 months is given. If you haven't finished it within that timeline then you are obliged to hand it off to someone else who will get it done. The person that gets it done keeps the kit.

The person that takes on this project should already have an understanding of LON and assigned timed communication packets.

If you want to read more about Pyxos, you can go to the following web site: http://www.echelon.com/products/pyxos/

Anyone interested?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: