CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Pin Connections on CCS Wireless Zigbee kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evios

Pin Connections on CCS Wireless Zigbee kit
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:16 am     Reply with quote

To the experts in CCS Wireless Zigbee Developement Kit user, I have some questions regarding the pin connection at the sensor board and I really looking forward for guidance for my project. Thanks if you can help. Advise me if my concept is wrong.

1. As I know, pin A5 is an analog input. Is that right?
2. Pin A6 is an internal oscillator, which can be programmed using clock in delay?
3. What is the main function for the pin C1?

If I want the reading, I have to connect it to pin C7, then it will output from pin C6 to PIC 16F886 to the EM260 module. By the way, if lets say the data coming from another device. I will only want to read the data into the PIC only if I wake up the EM 260 module from the coordinator (i.e. the base station), so this is done at pin 35 EZSP NWAKE? Did my overall concept correct?

4. What is #device*=16 means?
5. How can a data appended to the next node be done? For example node A sends the APSframe to node B and attached to node B's APSFrame, then sends to the base station. What functions control this?

Well, I am really a newbie for the kit. Hope you guys can provide me with additional and appropriate references for my request.
Really thanks if you can help.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:52 am     Reply with quote

With the PIC, pins can be programmed for different functions. A5, can be _either_ an analog input, _or_ digital I/O.
A6, is general digital I/O (the internal oscillator, is _not_ available on the pin), _or_ if you are using an external oscillator feeding _in_ on A7, then it can give the frequency on A7/4. C1, can be either a general digital I/O pin, or can be a PWM output pin.
Dvice*=16, means use 16bit addresses for the RAM. Allows all the RAM to be accessed, but at a slight cost in speed.
Start by reading the chips data sheet. Seriously, you need to try to get your head 'round' the programability of the pins, and what the chip can actually 'do', before asking a lot more questions. You also need to start _simple_. Don't try to think about the whole project. Solve one thing at a time - can you actually read the serial data stream, can you send anything to the output. You are asking questions akin to a motor racing driver, asking how best to take a particular corner, _before_ you can even drive....

Best Wishes
evios

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:22 am     Reply with quote

Thanks, i think i need to work hard on it as expected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: