CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Compile error in PCD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ormiga

Compile error in PCD
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:34 pm     Reply with quote

Hi all,
I wrote a program in PCD v4.057 and when I programed the target, simple routines didn't work. So I copied the code and recompiled it in a new file and my target worked with the new HEX. This wasn't the first time it occurred. Is this normal?
FvM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:39 am     Reply with quote

The question isn't clear. Did you remove part of the application code when you "recompiled it in a new file"? Then the behaviour may be different, some PCD errors are apparently position dependant, respectively depend on on other code, not directly related to the error. Some PCD bugs have been fixed in between, some have been recognized by CCS and are hopefully gone in V4.082 (or whatever the next version may be, the advertising banners are talking already of V4.100...).
Ormiga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:00 am     Reply with quote

No, i copied all lines of the original code, recompiled in new file and the program became to work.
Wayne_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:08 am     Reply with quote

Did you create a new project using the wizard or manually ?
What was the compile error ?
Ormiga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:36 am     Reply with quote

I just created a new .C file copied the full code (including all headers) and recompile. The error wasn't appear in the compile, but the target (PIC18f2550) worked only with the new compiled code.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:07 am     Reply with quote

A '.c' file, is only a text file by a different name, so copying stuff to a 'new' file deosn't do anything.
Three possibilities exist:
First something in the source _was_ different. The file must have had a new name, or been in a different location. Either could result in changes (different 'header' files could well be 'picked up' if you compile in a different location...).
Second, nothing changed. The only way to know for sure, would be to compare the generated hex files. The problem might have nothing to do with the compiler at all, but be a programming error, or the chip might not have reset/started properly.
Third the compiler did generate different code. This is _very_ unlikely. Though there are plenty of problems with the CCS compiler, this is not one that has appeared often if at all.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: