CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

need help IR program...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
karthickiw

need help IR program...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:25 pm     Reply with quote

hi,

I need idea to transmitter the IR ray to 10 meter, this IR ray is detected by IR receiver at the end of 10 meter. When ray is cut to operate the relay this my application.

I using the PIC12F675 IC to produce the 3KHZ frequency and give to the IR transmitter, and receiver side is to read the 3KHZ signal. When IR receiver is read the 3KHZ freq signal in small distance, to increase the distance signal is goes to zero. Pls give some idea or any circuit....

by
karthic.E
mathewss

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:39 am     Reply with quote

It sounds like you want a light break alarm of sorts.

When the light beam no longer hits the light sensor a trigger happens..

What exactly does this have to do with 3hkz i dont understand what you are doing.

Re
newguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:55 am     Reply with quote

It's standard operating procedure to modulate the IR lightbeam so that it can be clearly differentiated from essentially "DC" IR light sources such as sunlight, light bulbs, etc.

To boost the range you'll need to boost the IR led's drive current. If you tell us a bit more about your circuit (post a schematic if possible), we can do more to help.
Rohit de Sa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:01 pm     Reply with quote

karthickiw, are you in India? If so you can purchase a cheap lazer pointer for less that INR25. You can modulate the light from the lazer pointer, and send it to a photo transistor.

As mentioned by newguy, you can also use high power IR LEDS with lenses, and maybe a TSOP at the receiving end.

Is there any reason for using 3kHz? Most of the TSOPs detect IR at a higher frequency (38kHz is commonly used).

Post a schematic; we'll try to help out.

Rohit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: