CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Ember development kit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
armondo522

Ember development kit
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:05 pm     Reply with quote

Is anyone having problems downloading demo programs into sensor boards.
bart.dinger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:48 pm     Reply with quote

Yes. The CCS ICD doesn't seem to like the PIC16F886 and reports it as unknown device ID 2062.

It works fine using the Microchip ICD2, but still a bit of pain having to swap tools. I've emailed CCS support, hopefully they have an easy fix.

Its kinda funny they ship a dev kit that doesn't like the software thats included Laughing
crystal_lattice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:49 am     Reply with quote

Just a question concerning the 16F886, does the ccs icd not work with the dev board pic combo or does the icd not work with the pic at all? I'm currently busy with a project and planning to use the pic16f886/7 but now i'm oncerned that the ccs icd is not going to work at all. please advise
bwhiten

16F887
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:43 am     Reply with quote

I am definitely using the CCS ICD with the 16F887 for almost 6 months now. I am programming the component but not doing any debugging at present.
bart.dinger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:23 pm     Reply with quote

ARRGGGHHHHH This is getting really frustating. The CCS support doesn't seem to be much help at all. It doesn't help I'm on the otherside of the world and have to wait 24 hours between emails :(
My emails have all included screen shots, but its like their support guy isn't even looking at them.

The CCS ICD just refuses to detect the PIC16F886 (Unkown device ID 2062) When I do the 'hardware diagnostics' thing from the ICD.exe program it says this device is not supported and to contact CCS support for an update.

I'll just go back to using MPLAB/ICD2.
bwhiten

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:10 pm     Reply with quote

What revision of the compiler are you using and how old is your ICD?
bart.dinger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:51 pm     Reply with quote

Compiler is current (i think its 4.075), and the ICD-U is one that came with the ember dev kit about a month ago. I tried updating the firmware.

What I don't get is if I run the hardware diagnostic thing, and check device compatibility, and manually enter the device, the resulting data doesn't have have any ticks next the 'ICD Programming', only debug. So to me that says the software isn't compatible with programming the PIC16F886. I think its a bug with the current version of the ICD software or the devices library.

I was begining to think it was 'me', so I gave the whole kit to a colleague and after an hour he phones me and says he can't get the ICD to program the ember sensor board...

Maybe I'll just remove the 886 and stick on an 887, which incidentally seems to work fine with ICD-U. I don't think its the ember sensor board itself, but at least changing the PIC will rule that out.
nbahr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:26 am     Reply with quote

It sounds like a bad DEVID mask to me. If you go into Tools->Device Editor and select the 16F886, under the identification tab there are two important values. Next to HW Device ID, it should say 2060. Next to HW Mask, it should read 3FE0.

If these values are correct, and you are still experiencing problems, I would recommend installing the latest version of the ICD program off the CCS website. Version 2.26 of the firmware was released recently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: