CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Working bootloader for 18F4620, only requiring TX RX pins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crystal_lattice

Working bootloader for 18F4620, only requiring TX RX pins
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:38 pm     Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for such a simple question but i need a bootloader for the 18F4620 that WORKS, i've searched the net and found a few, amongst them the colt loader but the pin c7 has to be tied to vdd, so not sure if normal rs232 would still work.

I'm running very low on io pins with only c6/c7 'spare' and the PGD/PGC/PGM and MCLR pins used for the programming port, with the PGM shared with an LED. So if i can find a bootloader which does not require any other buttons/pins connected i would be very happy!

Obviously, if i'm using the bootloader i can use the PGM etc pins for other things - just thought i had to say that else someone might get confused...

Could anyone share some links of working bootloader for the 18F4620@40Mhz

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:47 pm     Reply with quote

what about tiny bootloader?
it only needs UART Rx and TX pin
crystal_lattice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:59 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, thanks was looking for that but couldn't find it while typing the post. Will check if it doesn't require extra pins, i've used the one for the 16F877 and that worked great, but not sure about the 18F series. Any other suggestions are welcome..
crystal_lattice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:09 pm     Reply with quote

I just downloaded the latest version and see they have a asm file for the 4620 with zig bee not being too familiar with these modules could someone please take the effort of pointing out the difference it would make to the bootloader? Thanks!!
Bisnouk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:37 am     Reply with quote

Hello,

i'm using ColtBootloader on 18F2620 and 18F4620 since 2 years, and the only pins are TX/RX and ground, like a true RS232 communication...

I don't understand your problem Confused

For one more I/O PIN and use also PGM PIN, don't forgot to program NOLVP with an external programmer, the soft can't change it.

Thierry

Jump to: