CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PCW Editor Window Behavior On High Resolution Monitor

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PCW Editor Window Behavior On High Resolution Monitor
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:42 pm     Reply with quote

Hello to all.

I have recently switched to a Dell 2007FP monitor (using its screen resolution of 1600 X 1200) and am puzzled by the behavior of my Editor window in PCW (v4.068). Everything seems to be in slow motion, as if the input buffer is patting its foot, filing its nails, or for some other reason is too busy to keep up with the slow pace of my typing.

Seriously, as I type, characters appear on the screen at a pace of about one per second (yes, I'm typing faster than that). If I input a long line of code it can take more than ten seconds for what I have entered to appear on the screen, one letter at a time. Backspacing or dragging the mouse to edit text produces similar slow-paced results.

I don't see a similar problem with other text editors (e.g., Microsoft Word 2003, Outlook, etc.) and have not experienced analogous symptoms in my modeling software (e.g., RhinoCAD).

I first started using this monitor with v4.066 and the Editor problem was evident. Have other users seen this, or should I check deeper into my Windows and hardware settings?

Thanks in advance!

Bill
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:27 pm     Reply with quote

No such behaviour here.
Running two screens each at 1900*1280, on two PCI-X cards.
However I have seen such a behaviour a little time ago. A change to the video card driver, seemed to cure it.

Best Wishes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:45 pm     Reply with quote

Thank you! I'll drill into the video card settings and see what might help.

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: