CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PCWHD and ICD2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sebastian

PCWHD and ICD2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:10 am     Reply with quote

Hi all Shocked

Anyone has try ICD2 with CCS PCWHD Vers. 4.064 and MPLAB 8 ?

I have a problem CCS recognize ICD2 but when i enter in debug mode after loading ICDWarning 015 occour why? The programming session fail.
It's possible program target without debug executive in this config. ?

Thanks in advance
eyewonder300

Forwarded reply from CCS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:08 pm     Reply with quote

Sebastian,

I also had questions about using the ICD2 in the PCW IDE, so I emailed them about it. These are quotes from my inquiry, and their response.

Quote:
I just recently (4 days ago) upgraded from the command line compilers to the PCW IDE, version 4.064.

I had been using MPLab 7.2 with their ICD2, and the CCS command line compilers using your plug-in, with no trouble.

I would like to use the ICD2 to both program, and debug the circuit from within PCW IDE. Of course the ICD2 must have Microchip's USB drivers properly installed before this could(?) be done. I have read posts concerning this subject, and have downloaded latest MPLab v8 onto my system, and am unable to find a selection of ICD2 to program.

QUESTION: can I use the ICD2 to both program, and debug? And if so, how specifically.

When opening up the PCW IDE, on the far right hand side is an icon for MPLab, which opens up MPLaba when it is clicked.

QUESTION: what is the purpose in opening up MPLab?

Thanks for your help

And their response:

Quote:
QUESTION: can I use the ICD2 to both program, and debug? And if so, how specifically.

ANSWER: Currently, you can only debug using the ICD-2 through our environment and perform tasks like single stepping and watching variables. Programming tasks like Erase, Program, Read are not yet supported.

QUESTION: what is the purpose in opening up MPLab?

ANSWER: If you want to program the chip (not in debug mode), then you can compile it first in our IDE. This will create the final .hex file. After opening MPLAB, you can import this hex file into the MPLAB IDE (using File menu > Import) and then use MPLAB to program the chip using ICD-2.

Let me know if you have further questions,

Hope this helps clarify things.

Cheers,
Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: