CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Tying ICSP pin to IO with output_float(), errors sparatic ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iso9001

Tying ICSP pin to IO with output_float(), errors sparatic ?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:18 pm     Reply with quote

So I have a project where I have my box connected in line with two other controllers. Where module A and B used to connect directly I now have A - ME - B so I can get data in from A before B get it.

In order to save room I double functioned so of the IO wires from A to B to no only pass through my module but also splice off to be my ICSP pins. So I can use the same connector to program. As far as I know this is common.

When the code starts I output_float() to all the ICSP pins. The signal that is passing through is a multiplexed 5V signal (pull up and ADC in A, and resistor tree in B) But, in SOME modules I'm getting what appears to be an additional 5V source on that line. Specifically the 5V signal on PGM is getting messed up somehow. Can output_float() using standard io get messed up ? Should I set the IO registers differently ?

Here is a diagram (kinda)

I'm using X an ADC, a b and c are my ICSP pin when plugged into my ICD2, but should just be pass through otherwise.

I've done a lot of these with no errors but all of a sudden I have multiple problems, any ideas ?

Last edited by iso9001 on Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:31 pm     Reply with quote

Don't you actually mean ICSP ? (If so, you could edit your title and post).
iso9001

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:13 pm     Reply with quote

CRAP!

Someone from our wiring group just informed me that its labeled wrong. Those 5V mux signals are actually 12V. They are getting clipped to 5.75 by the internal diodes.

Well, now I'm in a mess,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: