CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS Bootloader - programming Bootloader AND application?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyberant

CCS Bootloader - programming Bootloader AND application?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:12 am     Reply with quote

Hello Smile

I use the CCS Bootloader - which works fine.
But is there a way to modify it so that you can programm the bootloader and the programm in one step via a programmer Question
So that if I programm the Bootloader I have the application included and can then change the first programmed application via RS232 but not the bootloader.
Can I simply include my main.c into the bootloader at a location where it can get overwritten by a new programm version via RS232 or somthing like that?
ckielstra

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:13 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I simply include my main.c into the bootloader at a location where it can get overwritten by a new programm version via RS232 or somthing like that?
This is possible. In ex_bootloader.c replace application() by an include of your main.c. You will also have to rename your main() to application(), or even better make this dependent on the _bootloader being defined.

Another option that looks promising but I haven't tried yet is to create the bootloader and your application as seperate programs (but at the correct final program addresses) and then combine these two afterwards if needed.
Merging two applications into one Intel Hex file
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: