CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC IDLOCS and CCS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

PIC IDLOCS and CCS
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:02 pm     Reply with quote

Hello everybody.

Could you explain me how to read IDLOCS that is said to consist of Uniqie ID of a PIC? Let's say I'm talking about 18F family.

Actually, is this word stored in a program memory? If so, this requires to be also programmed with a desired ID? Am I right?

Could anyone elaborate on IDLOCS? What's that exactly and how to use this in CCS?

Cheers,
Peter.
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:13 pm     Reply with quote

See this topic:
http://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20257
Peter

PIC IDLOCS and CCS
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:58 pm     Reply with quote

PCM programmer wrote:
See this topic:

I've read this and have still a few of questions.

1) The Device ID World at 3FFFFE-F identifies version of a chip and cannot be overwritten. Is this right?

2) The ID Location at 0x200000-7 is meant to be set up as a Unique ID by myself. I understand that for a process of bulk flashing of chips this could be automated so not to use write_program_eeprom with altered arguments ... If so, how?

3) Is there actually any Unique ID in PICs already stored somewhere so to avoid programming this and just read it?

Thanks a lot.
PIC IDLOCS and CCS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:30 pm     Reply with quote

PCM programmer wrote:
See this topic:

Just few more questions. Since the ID Location address is 0x200000-0x200007, this gives 16 bytes long ID. Is that right? Can I read this by: read_program_eeprom(0x200000L) - and so on? Actually, writing by write_program_eeprom just causes there are 0 values when reading ... So, the question is how to set up this ...

Cheers,
Peter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: