CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

PIC read and write data from M25P20 by spi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovely1118

PIC read and write data from M25P20 by spi
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:53 am     Reply with quote

I am a newbie working on a project, I use PIC18F66J16 to control a lcd, this part is ok, but I need implement a external memory to store image, M25P20, the PIC should read data from this memory or write data to it by spi. I have no idea to program it. Is there anyone have sample code or worked on it before, please help me.
Thanks in advance!
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:08 am     Reply with quote

How often is this 'image' going to be updated?.
If you are changing this at all often (updating a clock, or doing things whenever various inputs change), then 'think again' about the memory to be used. In common with most memories of this sort, the chip, has a limited 'write' life (100K cycles). Now while this sounds 'huge', it is suprising how quickly this can get used if things update at all frequently. This is why a lot of uSB memory sticks end up failing, and why I am expecting this failure rate to grow massively, when people start using them as cache for the paging file in Vista...

Best Wishes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:09 am     Reply with quote

i don't think it will use very often, because it will store some images of menu, like mobile menu, when you select or go back a function, there will be shown another image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: