CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Does anyone have a copy of compiler PCM v2.732?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
parrothead

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Does anyone have a copy of compiler PCM v2.732?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:53 pm     Reply with quote

Does anyone still have a copy of the compiler for 14 bit Pic 16F876, PCM v2.732? CCS was able to provide a copy of v2.734, but it compiles slightly different and I am trying to match a hex file currently in production.

Thanks!!
:)glen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:35 pm     Reply with quote

I have 2.732 but I cannot provide it unless CCS gives me permission to do so. If you can get them to send me a message I can make it available.

Tell them I am customer #7099 - Yeatman and they can send me a message using the email address they have on file.
parrothead

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

I talked to CCS....
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:19 am     Reply with quote

Their response:

This message is a reply to CCS e-mail id: 7D0477

Yes as long as he only sends you the PCM.DLL file.

I could e/mail you directly if you are still able to help.

Thanks,
Glen
gharnish@hach.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:49 am     Reply with quote

Glen,
I just got confirmation from CCS on this. The 2.732 version is in my archives at home and I will send the PCM.DLL file in ZIP format to you later this afternoon (@4PM CDT) via the email address you provided in your last response..

Dave
parrothead

Darn Firewall!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:20 am     Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

I had two messages blocked by our wonderful firewall here at work (I'll save the rant). Would you mind resending to my yahoo account. Sad that I cannot get my job done without that.

Thanks!!!
:)glen
glen.harnish@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:00 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry, guys, for the silly question, I just can't figure out what might be the reason someone wants to have an old version compiler to produce exactly the same hex file as it compiled once. ...I am just curious.
treitmey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:16 pm     Reply with quote

For me I keep All production code is in ms sourcesafe with the compiler used for it.

If I need to update a tiny chunk of code for production hardware I'll do it using the original compiler.

Now perhaps.. He is changing a tiny bit of code. He tried using the newest compiler BUT it broke all kinds of other things. He wants to use the compiler that he knows worked before.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:52 pm     Reply with quote

The problem is that just because code 'worked' in one compiler version, you have no guarantee that it will still work in another. This is (less) still true with other compilers. Hence when archiving a 'job', I always save the compiler used for that version.
I also keep a 'comment' line near the top of the working sources, listing which compiler was used. If latter a compiler change causes a problem, I can then step back to the 'last known good'.
I saves a lot of time when you have to go 'back' to old code.

Best Wishes
languer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:25 pm     Reply with quote

Even though this may not be the case for Glen, on some certifiable products (safety critical, etc) you are required to validate the tools used for the project. If you have to modify the code, use of a different tool (this includes different version) requires re-validation of the tool (very unproductive).

I have never had such a thing with CCS projects, but some projects for my previous employer required all this "value-added" overhead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: