CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Electro-luminescence LCD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkr

Electro-luminescence LCD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:45 am     Reply with quote

Hello All,
I am looking for vendors/company who sell Electro-luminescence LCD. Is there any one who have used this type of LCD.

I am looking for black backgound and yellow character/fonts.
LCD spec. 240*64 or 132*64 pixel.

Can someone give pointers for this type of LCD. Your input and suggestion most welcome.

mkr
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:36 am     Reply with quote

LCD's, are not 'Electroluminescent'. EL, is just a type of illuminated panel, which can be fitted behind suitable LCD's. Most manufacturers, will offer combinations of panels with different backlight types. So (for instance), I have had the same panel, with EL, CCFL, & LED backlights all fitted. Now, EL panels can be bought in dfferent colours, so you need a black negative LCD, wiith clear transmissive characters, and then fit a yellow EL panel to this.
Most manufacturers will offer their panels with some backlights, or in 'bare' form, without the backlight. The latter can have a suitable EL backlight added.
Beware that the EL panels, will lose intensity massively in the cold. I had to use LED backlighting, rather than EL, for an automotive application.

Best Wishes
mkr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:58 am     Reply with quote

Got you. Most of the LCD come with EL or LED or CCFL backlight right. So when I need an LCD with EL, I should mention to the vendor about the back color and dot/font/character color. Then the vendor will make an LCD with EL based on our requirement. I am in line with you.

I am looking for few cost effective solution for the LCD. My budget for an LCD is max. US$75. I am looking at crystalfontz and other vendors. Any vendors apart from these.

mkr
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:44 am     Reply with quote

Crystalfontz, as one of their items, do a bare panel without backlight, and you can fit a yellow EL film behind this. They will probably be happy to do this for you.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: