CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Has anyone tried this free USB bootloader with encryption?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickLatech

Has anyone tried this free USB bootloader with encryption?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:47 am     Reply with quote

here is a link to it. it seems to be open source. I couldnt find any details on the software or procedure to upload code to the controller though. maybe I missed that section

http://www.diolan.com/pic/bootloader.html
PsI

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:17 pm     Reply with quote

I asked about the uploader, response was...

"We are working now on public release of our PC side encoder and firmware update applications. They will also be available as open source."

I asked if they would be releasing a serial version, response...

"We are not planning to develop a serial version of the bootloader for a while."

Looks good tho!

-PsI
Robbie L

Re: Has anyone tried this free USB bootloader with encryptio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:35 am     Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm replying to this thread in the hope that you two guys, NickLatech and PsI are subscribed to it. I would really appreciate your help.

I cannot get this code to compile to a .hex so that I can program it into the PIC and I've had no response from an email that I've sent to the company. I was wondering if you had had any luck compiling it yourselves? If so would you be able to post a copy of the hex file here please?

PsI, have you had any update from Diolan regarding the encoder and update software please?

Thanks in advance to you both

Robbie
PsI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:46 am     Reply with quote

Hi Robbie,

No, I never tried to get this code working, I was looking for a serial version as opposed to USB.

They never released an uploader application nor had a direct link on their website to their bootloader. (Maybe Keeping GNU happy, who knows!?)

Atmel have an open source Encrypted Bootloader, why can't we have one for MICROCHIP :(

Has anyone managed to get an encrypted Bloader working?

-PsI

Ps. I'd be happy to pay 50 dollars license fee for such a thing, I guess many people here would also pay!
Robbie L

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:12 am     Reply with quote

PsI wrote:
Hi Robbie,

No, I never tried to get this code working, I was looking for a serial version as opposed to USB.

They never released an uploader application nor had a direct link on their website to their bootloader. (Maybe Keeping GNU happy, who knows!?)

Atmel have an open source Encrypted Bootloader, why can't we have one for MICROCHIP :(

Has anyone managed to get an encrypted Bloader working?

-PsI

Ps. I'd be happy to pay 50 dollars license fee for such a thing, I guess many people here would also pay!

Hi PsI,

thanks for responding. That's a shame about the uploader and I had noticed that there was no direct link to the bootloader - thought it was a bit weird! I only came across the bootloader by googling.

I was more interested in the fact that the firmware could be upgraded without the need to press any switches i.e. all done in software to initialise boot mode. If anybody knows of a bootloader for PICs that achieves this, I would be entirely grateful for a link to the site or manufacturer name.

If anybody is interested in trying to compile the code that Diolan give in their .zip file I would much appreciate it. I only need a hex file if it's possible.

Thanks alot

Robbie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: