CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Choose c or c++ to study??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrison_c

Choose c or c++ to study??
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:58 pm     Reply with quote

Shocked Hi guys, I finish my college in the program, electronics engineering technology recently. I am thinking to study c or c++ programming language for my electronics field. Can you guys tell me which language is more useful and efficient for electronics, microcontroller? I know in computer field, most programmer are using c++ to program software. But in electronics feild, will c++ replace c programming as well? Please advise.

Harrison

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:07 am     Reply with quote

for uControllers C is enough C++ is OOP(Object Oriented Programming) it's perfect for PC when you say programmer Cool you could mean a PC programmer or uC programmer ,
incase you want to make programms for your PC learn C++ ,
for uC learn C
kamputty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:19 pm     Reply with quote

Harrison,

Start with C. Once you learn C, you can always learn C++. If you learn C++ first, you will learn C anyways, plus alot of other junk.

I personally recommend you also learn C++ also (at later time, whenever...), as the OOP techniques are something that you can apply in any langauge. Object Oriented is a state of mind! Very Happy

~Kam (^8*
suncq

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:13 pm     Reply with quote

just C is enough for PIC and other 8/16 microcontroller!
C++ is for large system like PC
Douglas Richard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:53 am     Reply with quote

If you learn C++ you will learn C. Intro C++ will monstly teach C the first semester.
harrison_c

Tamagotchi
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:09 pm     Reply with quote

Shocked Hi guys, Thank you...thank you so much. You guys gave me a lot comments....I believe that I learned something from you guys.
Actually, I know this question is not easy to answer. It all depends on what project or how big is the program I am going to write. In fact, I am thinking to write a program similar to Tamagotchi (the electronics pets) http://individual.utoronto.ca/elaine/tama.htm
which programming language I should use for this project? Java, c or c++? Please advise, thank you.
kamputty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:43 pm     Reply with quote

Harrison,

You can do it it any off these.

I think you are waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of yourself here. Design what you want (diagrams, flow charts, PLATFORM, etc).

What advantages does one language have over the other? Find that out
Is this a PC game, or do you want to make it a uP game? Answer that

You'll find out that after you answer some of these questions, you may not really have a choice.

A language is a language is a language...its the details that matter...just a tool

~Kam (^8*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: