CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Programming problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshkeys

Programming problems
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:44 pm     Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I just got a brand new ICD U40 programmer after my last one broke, anyways so for the past week i have been trying to get it to work but i kept getting problem after problem with verification errors after trying to program my code into my PIC18F4320.. it turns out that instead of using my brand new digital power supply, if i used a 9V battery with a 5V regulator it would work. I am programming from my laptop, which i always kept plugged into the wall to ensure the same ground as my power supply (which i connected the "-" terminal to the ground terminal to keep them at the same ground reference). Anyways would anybody be able to tell me as to why using a power supply would cause these problems? I checked the output with my scope and it is a clean 5V signal, but for some reasons causes grief with programming and verification problems. Thanks again

Josh
rnielsen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:05 pm     Reply with quote

Did you check the supply while it was plugged in? If it was unplugged you won't have any load on it and you might have lost a filter cap in your supply which would cause too much ripple for the programmer to handle. Maybe try placing a cap across the power connection, on your programmer, to check and see if that's the problem.

Ronald
joshkeys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:16 pm     Reply with quote

I didnt have a cap on the progammer power supply pins.. i just tried that and it seems to be working now with the power supply.. The thing is i watch the supply with the scope and it is clean, but yet it wont work without the cap?? Thanks for the tip, although I wish i could see a differnce in the supply so it would make sense, but it still looks the same, but now works with the cap.

THanks,
Josh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: