CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

CCS IDE unexpectedly closes, randomly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundscu

CCS IDE unexpectedly closes, randomly
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:49 pm     Reply with quote

I'm using:
- PCWH version 4.066,
- CCS ICD-U40 f/w 2.23
- target processor PIC18F6520

On a:
- Gateway laptop, Core-2 T7200 @ 2GHz, 2GB ram
- WinXP-Pro, all latest updates and patches

Every hour or so, the IDE spontaneously closes. It's instantaneous. No GPF message, no sign of anything about to happen.

It's happened to me 6 times today. Usually I'm typing a character into the editor and WHAMMO! the entire application is gone and I'm staring at my desktop. Anything I've done since the last save or compile is lost. This last time, I had been concentrating on writing a complex function and lost quite a bit of slowly and carefully devised code. So... I'M PISSED OFF!!

After the 2nd or 3rd time this happened, I completely restarted my system, hoping that would clear this up. Obviously, that didn't help.

Other issues with the IDE:
- the Undo and Redo functions do not always work properly, leaving garbled messes of code
- a similar thing may also be happening with cut/paste, but I'm not sure

And also, issues with the Debug window:
- Watch values do not always update properly (this is REALLY bad). If I go to the debugger RAM window and back, then the Watch values update to the correct values.
- a Watch expression for an individual bit does not always indicate properly, I haven't yet figured out when it does or does not
- sometimes, when the mouse moves over a variable name in the text editor, the debugger pops up a memory access error box. Sometimes I have to turn off the debugger just so I can type code in that area of the file.

The last project I was working on, using a previous 4.x version of the IDE (can't remember which), for PIC18F6720, all was fine -- none of this ever happened.

Recently, I installed Freescale Codewarrior for a project on a HSC12 processor. It has been working beautifully (Processor Expert beans are particularly impressive). Any known compatibility issues between these (or any other) IDEs?

Is anybody else suffering from any of this stuff? It is exasperating beyond belief...

Thanks,
Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: