CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

EEPROM Help needed, please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crystal_lattice

EEPROM Help needed, please
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:16 pm     Reply with quote

Hi, im using a 16f877 pic with a ds1302 RTC.

I want to make a basic datalogger that logs the date & time and a value, say a 16bit value. Using 93LC66 as external eeprom. My plan is to convert the date & time to a 32bit value to save space. my problem is that the two values differ in size, will that complicate the eeprom write?

I am a beginner so take it easy on me.

1) Does any one have a good explanation of how the eeprom is structured so that i can visualize it so i can understand it better? I am new to this eeprom memory and a good explanation will help me alot.

2) Does anyone have a working example of a program that uses the 93LC66 or the 24LC00, just so i can check if all my hardware is working, then i can modify/ experiment in my own time. As in somthing i can take 'as is' and compile it and it works.

Thanx in advance!
Mark

Re: EEPROM Help needed, please
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:53 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi, im using a 16f877 pic with a ds1302 RTC.

I want to make a basic datalogger that logs the date & time and a value, say a 16bit value. Using 93LC66 as external eeprom. My plan is to convert the date & time to a 32bit value to save space. my problem is that the two values differ in size, will that complicate the eeprom write?

No. You will only write 8 bits anyways.

Quote:

1) Does any one have a good explanation of how the eeprom is structured so that i can visualize it so i can understand it better? I am new to this eeprom memory and a good explanation will help me alot.

Yes. It is called a datasheet.

Quote:

2) Does anyone have a working example of a program that uses the 93LC66 or the 24LC00, just so i can check if all my hardware is working, then i can modify/ experiment in my own time. As in somthing i can take 'as is' and compile it and it works.

The drivers are in the drivers directly. There are plenty of examples in the examples directory as well as tons of info on this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: