CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Changing from 3.120 to 3.249 version

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuMa

Changing from 3.120 to 3.249 version
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:07 am     Reply with quote

I have some problems with my new version of PCW. I get the latest one: PCW 3.249.
I don't have any problems to compile xxx.c that were working with the previous version. But when I download the code into the PIC, the PIC doesnt work. And I have used exactly the same document xxx.c I dont know why it works when I use it in the older version and not with the new one.
Could anyone give me a hand?
Thanks JP
rnielsen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:21 am     Reply with quote

Well, this is kind of like somebody coming up to you and saying that their foot hurts and asks what's wrong with it.

Detail... detail...

What's not working??? Is it not sending/receiveing serial characters? Is the I2C not functioning? Do the I/O ports not change?

Describe what's Not working, then we can give some suggestions.

Ronald
SuMa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:40 am     Reply with quote

Thanks Rnielsen, for your interest.
My program analice a serial input. The serial data has: (an special header//the data itself//and the ending with a checksum bit). To analice the data the program measure the pulsewidth of each bit that is sent. Cheking if it is the proper header or not and cheking all the data sent and the checksum bit at the end.
Using the .hex file generated by the old version it works, but using the .hex file generated from the same .c by the new version it doesnt work.
sjbaxter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:27 am     Reply with quote

You either need to post the bit of code that is behaving differently or you need to spend some time yourself and do some debugging and pin-point where the code is going wrong.

You question is like me asking "My car worked on Friday, but today it doesn't work. Can you tell me what is wrong with it !!!"

It could be a complier problem. It could be your code !!! As rnielsen says, if you don't provide us with the information you have (i.e. code and specific symtoms), then you won't get any answers.

Post an example of source code that works ok when you compile it in the old version and doesn't in 3.249. Then we'll look at it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:30 am     Reply with quote

Compare LST files too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: