CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

LVP programmer for CCS C PCH (command line version)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcpublic

LVP programmer for CCS C PCH (command line version)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:02 pm     Reply with quote

I have designed and built a R&D lab device with eight PIC18F4525's in it. I went to great efforts to make it possible to use an ICD2 to program any one of the 8 PICs. All the PGC and PGD pins are bussed together, and VPP is routed using an 8:1 MUX made of high-voltage pass-gates, selected using a thumbwheel switch. This all work well enough, but is all very inconvenient, as I need a 16V supply to power the VPP MUX. I don't want to have to do this again for our next design.

What I really want is a turn-key, universal LVP interface to MPLAB. I have Googled around and searched the Microchip forums, but so far no luck. I have the skills to implement my own programming software, but my management would not approve of an effort that would need to be repeated when we change devices, plus I don't have the knowledge to graft a new programmer into MPLAB.

Given that LVP has been around for a while, I'm wondering why Microchip's development tools offer no easy-to-find LVP support.

I would be happy to give up on MPLAB if there were a well tested tool path for CCS C. I use the PCH command line version.

Last edited by mcpublic on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren Rook

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:07 pm     Reply with quote

I was just talking about this the other day...

I have never seen a LVP programmer or LVP implementation. I am starting to doubt if there is one.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: