CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Question regards to the Pin C0 on PIC18F8720 as input???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:59 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,
I use pin C0 to detect the close/open event of switch. I have it connect as follow:

5v <---------------R=10K------------------> Pin C0
|
|
|--------Switch-----> Ground.

Usually , when the Switch opens, I see almost zero voltage dropped throught the resistor R=10K, but there is a development board, I see all most 2.5 voltage dropped through the resistor when the switch is open which means that Pin C0 is sucked in some current??? WHy does this happen??? Does this mean that Pin C0 is broken on this board???

Thank
Jimmy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:03 pm     Reply with quote

Correct the last post:

Hi,
I use pin C0 to detect the close/open event of switch. I have it connect as follow:

5v <---------------R=10K------------------> Pin C0
|
|
|--------Switch-----> Ground.

The one end of the switch is connected betweet resistor and Pin C0

Usually , when the Switch opens, I see almost zero voltage dropped throught the resistor R=10K, but there is a development board, I see all most 2.5 voltage dropped through the resistor when the switch is open which means that Pin C0 is sucked in some current??? WHy does this happen??? Does this mean that Pin C0 is broken on this board???

Thank

Corection : to the Pin C0 on PIC18F8720 as input???
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:35 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,
sorry, I have some problem with the text format, so the drawing does not look right!
I should draw it this way:

5 volt
|
|
-
Resistor = 10k
-
|
|
|
|
|--------------->Switch------------->Ground
|
|
|
|
Pin C0

Oh, another note, when it first power up, it seems ok, by default, the switch is close and Pin C0 is low, but after I open the switch one time, it keep staying high all the time, even when I close the switch...and It seems that Pin C0 draws some current and there is voltage dropped through the resistor( about 2.5 volts)

JIm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: