CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

My PIC runing out of space???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwyoung

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:10 pm     Reply with quote

I don't believe the PIC18F4620 and the PIC18F2331 are pin for pin compatible. If you already have a PCB made then the new part probably won't fit. The PIC18F2431 is the step up from the 2331 in memory. The PIC18F2525 might match up pin for pin but you definately need to check.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:12 pm     Reply with quote

sonicdeejay wrote:
thx for the reply....

if i want y=3.24 ,, y has to be delcared as "float" or any other alternative to bring the space down....??

or addional RAM chip is a solution.....??

RAM capacity isn't your problem. ROM capacity is. See the above comments by several people.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:59 pm     Reply with quote

rwyoung wrote:
I don't believe the PIC18F4620 and the PIC18F2331 are pin for pin compatible. If you already have a PCB made then the new part probably won't fit. The PIC18F2431 is the step up from the 2331 in memory. The PIC18F2525 might match up pin for pin but you definately need to check.

yes they are not pin for pin compatible... I'm sti in breadboard connection stage ,,,so I can change the connection layout easily...

here is comparison of 2 chips... my new chip PIC18F2525 will be delivered tomorrow,...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: