CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Configuration bits (words) manual setting? PIC18F6310 bug.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will Reeve

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Configuration bits (words) manual setting? PIC18F6310 bug.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:32 am     Reply with quote

Help! I think I've asked this question ages ago for another part which CCS eventually fixed...but

PIC18LF6310 running at 5v, the compiler:

Code:
Configuration Fuses:
   Word  1: 0906   INTRC NOIESO NOFCMEN RESERVED
   Word  2: 1E19   NOBROWNOUT NOWDT BORV21 NOPUT WDT32768
   Word  3: 81C0   BW16 CCP2C1 NOWAIT NOLPT1OSC MCLR RESERVED
   Word  4: 0001   STVREN DEBUG RESERVED NOXINST
   Word  5: 0001   NOPROTECT
   Word  6: 0000
   Word  7: 0001   NOEBTR

the part doesn't have a lower word 1 configuration byte! Hence it reports 0x00 and the compiler expects 0x06! How can I force the compiler to set the lower word 1 byte to 0x00? I've emailed CCS but you guys usually fix things faster!
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:22 am     Reply with quote

I presume you are actually programming from the compiler?. Otherwise just change the configuration bytes in your programmer.
If you have device editor, the error is caused by the fuses BROWNOUT_SW, and BROWNOUT_NOSL, which have the value in the last column, set to '1', putting them in the first byte, instead of '2'. They therefore don't get masked off by the 'NOBROWNOUT' fuse. Changing this last column value, gives the right result.
You might try a #ROM definition, just setting the word to the required value.

Best Wishes
Will Reeve

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:02 pm     Reply with quote

Hi Ttelmah,
I am using the ICD-U debugger, not even got so far as to get a program finished, it's at the "flash LED" stage to see if the hardware is working!

I've dug into the device editor as suggested and all is now well. It's a shame CCS didn't bother to get back to me as I feel I "pay" them with my maintenance agreement! If you were local I would buy you a pint!

Keep well,

Will
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:58 pm     Reply with quote

With the number of offers like this I've had recently, I'll be able to stock a bar soon. :-)
They will probably just update the definitions in the next release. Nice for the 'future', but the device editor is a much quicker fix!...

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: