CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

6-font or 8-font for a T6963C Graphic LCD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Leung

6-font or 8-font for a T6963C Graphic LCD
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:41 am     Reply with quote

Hi PIC users

I am working on a simple display driver for T6963C Graphic LCD in 128x64 matrix. I am puzzled with the fact that when the LCD is set in 6-font mode, I need to set either 21 columns or 22 columns to clear the LCD screen. A simple multiplication shows, 21x6 = 126, 22x6=132.

If I choose 21 columns, there will be 2 dots at the right hand side of the physical screen dots not covered. I could have set the columns to be 22, but I would "over-shot" a little bit by 132 dots horizontal, which is larger than the physical screen size of 128 dots.

Of course, if I set everything in 8-font, the screen will be in 16 Columns, but the ASC characters built-in just in 5x7 fonts, so 8-font setting seems a little bit strange.

Any suggestion to solve the problem? Any trick that I have missed?

John Leung
newguy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

A 5x7 font is 5 pixels wide by 7 pixels tall. If you set the 6963 to a 6 pixel wide font, then you'll get 22 columns of text across the screen. If you set the controller to an 8 pixel wide font, then you'll get 16 columns of text across the screen. The actual letters themselves will still be 5x7 pixels each, but on the 8 pixel setting, there will be a more noticeable space of 3 pixels between each letter.

Look at the code library. I posted some t6963c drivers there a while ago.
treitmey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 8:25 am     Reply with quote

I found this in my library. I think it is right. Can someone checkit. It may make more sense to you now.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
//FS=0, 5x7 char in 8x8 field, 30char/line, 240 char total,graphic pics 8pixels/address, 0x780 grh addresses
//FS=1, 5x7 char in 6x8 field, 40char/line, 320 char total,graphic pics 6pixels/address, 0xA00 grh addresses
// - - - - 64K RAM - - - - 0 to 0xFFFF
// 0 grh home
// ...
// grh end (right before txt home)
// 0x780----(screen 0) or 0xA00 Txt home depends on FS
// 0x870----(screen 1) adding 240 for each screen
// 0x960----(screen 2)
// 0xA50----(screen 3)
//////////////////////////////////////////////
ALPOO

Re: 6-font or 8-font for a T6963C Graphic LCD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:43 pm     Reply with quote

John Leung wrote:
Hi PIC users

I am working on a simple display driver for T6963C Graphic LCD in 128x64 matrix. I am puzzled with the fact that when the LCD is set in 6-font mode, I need to set either 21 columns or 22 columns to clear the LCD screen. A simple multiplication shows, 21x6 = 126, 22x6=132.

If I choose 21 columns, there will be 2 dots at the right hand side of the physical screen dots not covered. I could have set the columns to be 22, but I would "over-shot" a little bit by 132 dots horizontal, which is larger than the physical screen size of 128 dots.

Of course, if I set everything in 8-font, the screen will be in 16 Columns, but the ASC characters built-in just in 5x7 fonts, so 8-font setting seems a little bit strange.

Any suggestion to solve the problem? Any trick that I have missed?

John Leung
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: