CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

MPLAB A/D 10 bit Simulating

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pop

MPLAB A/D 10 bit Simulating
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:26 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1. I am using MPLAB 5.7 and I want to simulate my program which uses 10 bit A/D (e.g. 16F877). I would rather do this on an actual PIC, but I currently don't have access to one. So I am stuck with a simulator.

Now, I read the MPLAB help, but it explains how an 8 bit register is loaded (using *.reg file) and simulated.
For a 10 bit A/D simulation, am I to presume that I would have to load ADRESH and ADRESL? Can someone tell me specifically how to simulate a 10 bit A/D converter?

2. MPLAB 7.0 recently came out. Seeing how I'm still using version 5.7, I was thinking about an update!:D
Although I already read some info at Microchip.com about this version, I would still like to know what CCS users think of it.

What are your experiences with version 7? How well is CCS compiler supported (I heard that for ver. 6.xx, a patch for CCS was needed.)?
How good is the simulator and is it easy to use?

Thanks for all the responses.

Re: MPLAB A/D 10 bit Simulating
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:43 pm     Reply with quote

pop wrote:
Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1. I am using MPLAB 5.7 and I want to simulate my program which uses 10 bit A/D (e.g. 16F877). I would rather do this on an actual PIC, but I currently don't have access to one. So I am stuck with a simulator.

Now, I read the MPLAB help, but it explains how an 8 bit register is loaded (using *.reg file) and simulated.
For a 10 bit A/D simulation, am I to presume that I would have to load ADRESH and ADRESL? Can someone tell me specifically how to simulate a 10 bit A/D converter?

2. MPLAB 7.0 recently came out. Seeing how I'm still using version 5.7, I was thinking about an update!:D
Although I already read some info at Microchip.com about this version, I would still like to know what CCS users think of it.

What are your experiences with version 7? How well is CCS compiler supported (I heard that for ver. 6.xx, a patch for CCS was needed.)?
How good is the simulator and is it easy to use?

Thanks for all the responses.
rnielsen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:04 pm     Reply with quote

/shrug Evil or Very Mad
PCM programmer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:22 pm     Reply with quote

Did you email Darren about this ? I'm not sure that it will help,
but if he isn't notified he'll certainly never do anything about it.
He could at least ban the I.P.'s of the guests that do this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: