CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

RF modules for PIC 16F family?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam P.

RF modules for PIC 16F family?
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:40 pm     Reply with quote

I would like to know which RF modules fit best for mid-range PIC based projects and if there´s anyone who has tested them with this compiler.

I´ve seen some modules in sparkfun.com, could anyone give me an advice of wich one is best for medium velocity transmision?

I am looking for RF modules operating at 4800 bps in distances below 100 meters and cheap enough. Wink

Thank you
libor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:28 pm     Reply with quote

I have used modules from Xemics successfully with the 18F range PICs, I have managed to make the PICs built-in I2C to communicate with the Xemics modules taking the data flow, and used some other ports to control the RF module's operation.
Here are the Xemics DP 1203 modules
Adam P.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:58 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, but what I´m really looking for is a RF module with built in anthena, so I won´t have troble making my own anthena.

Thank you
chi_co

CHI_COd
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:19 am     Reply with quote

Adam P. wrote:
Thanks for your reply, but what I´m really looking for is a RF module with built in anthena, so I won´t have troble making my own anthena.

Thank you
Smile
kender

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Re: RF modules for PIC 16F family?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:45 am     Reply with quote

Adam P. wrote:
I am looking for RF modules operating at 4800 bps in distances below 100 meters and cheap enough.

I have used MaxStream XCite, which was $34. http://www.maxstream.net/products/xcite/module/9xcite.php
You might also consider 100mW Bluetooth.
jecottrell

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:29 am     Reply with quote

I'll second Kender's recommendation.

I have used MaxStream radios with ease. I've just started with their new XBee radios (use caution their quoted ranges may be a little optomistic.) They have a variety of options for the range you need.

Essentially the radio is a simple serial link without the hassle of a RS232 level converter.

Good luck,

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: