CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Code at 0x1FCC4 is outside all functions ????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmozer

Code at 0x1FCC4 is outside all functions ????
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:03 pm     Reply with quote

Ever since going to version 2.234 (and on to 2.235) I have started seeing some strange things while trying to debug code on a 18F6722. I can't say for sure that it didn't exist before these compiler versions.

From time to time, while using the ICD-U40 my program stops and when you look at the stack in the debug window you see:

Code at 0x1fcc4 is outside all functions.

It doesn't seem to mater if I have the DEBUG fuse or the #DEVICE ICD=TRUE,CCSIC=TRUE directive or not.

Further, if I try to catch the code with an org statement:
#ORG 0x1fcc4, 0x1fd04
void MyErrorTrap(){
fputs("caught you");
}

I get an "INVALID ORG RANGE" when trying to compile. The highest code I can place in memory appears to be at byte 0x1fbff leaving the top 1K of memory in accessabile (probabaly used by CCS for something but the debugger won't show me whats there).

I guess all I can do is try to figure out where my code ran amuck ;)

Any insight by you code wizards?
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:26 am     Reply with quote

The debugger itself, puts a block of code in the top page of memory. The ICD=TRUE fuse, ought to determine whether the compiler will allow you to put anything else here (with it off, you should be able to place a routine here, but then the debugger won't work..).
How big is your code?. There can be problems when the program code grows too large to fit into the remaining memory area.

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: