CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

can't compile anything with v3.234 - Anybody had similar?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenMacfarlane

can't compile anything with v3.234 - Anybody had similar?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:37 am     Reply with quote

I cannot compile anything with PCWH v3.234 (not even main(){} !), although yesterday it was fine). The error message is roughly
"access violation at address 405807 in module pcw.exe Read of address 0000001c".

The addresses changed after I did a re-install, but then the error msg started to loop and I had to end the program in task manager to get control back.

I've asked CCS but they won't be at work yet. This isn't the first time that I've had this sort of error, but in the past, a reboot or an edit to something silly in my source has always cured it.
Ttelmah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:19 am     Reply with quote

I have had a similar problem in the past, where a file has got corrupted. Remember that a 're-install' in Windows, wil not normally replace a file, if it already exists. I'd suggest re-installing into a different directory (you will need to point the install at the .reg files when required), and then seeing if it works.

best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: