CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

reset angst!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ftsame

reset angst!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:02 am     Reply with quote

hi everyone. the problem with my program is that it works only when it is reseted. theoratically it should work continously, but in reality it only works every time i clear the memory. can any body help me with my problem. i am dynamically allocating and freeing memory, could this have anything to do with this. would a watchdog timer be a suitable solution. in my program i am doing the string parsing of a gps, and then using a formula to calculate the truecourse between two points. this program works only once (and that upon a reset), even though i have a while(1) in the code. can any body suggest a solution

thank you
ft
mwildbolz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:29 am     Reply with quote

Can you post your code??
This would be very helpful Very Happy
MikeValencia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:15 am     Reply with quote

Your first step should be to use ICE2000/4000 or an ICD to step thru your code and see where you are freezing or looping. Or use simple rs232 statements to show your progress thru your state machine.
ckielstra

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:58 am     Reply with quote

In addition to all the above:
Always mention your processor type and compiler version. I can remember there was a malloc error solved in one of the older releases.

The use of malloc/free should not be a problem, but do you really need them? Problem with the use of these functions in embedded systems with limited memory is that they will create memory fragmentation resulting in running out of memory in the long term (but not after running the program 1 time).
mwildbolz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:19 am     Reply with quote

Like MikeValencia said, i'd say, that i would be the best to implement some messages into your program to see, in which state the µC is (and the easiest way is to do this via the RS232 interface).

Greetings, Markus
ftsame4

cheers guyz!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:50 am     Reply with quote

thankyou to everyone for their useful suggestion, i am greatly indebted to you all

cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: