CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Timing diagram program

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragonPIC

Timing diagram program
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

I really need a good and affordable timing diagram editor tool. To add this program must output or copy into Word. I have found a couple on the internet that just doesn't seem to be very useful (Timegen, TimingExpert, TimeCraft). They are either difficult to use, not flexible enough, or can't output or copy. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:39 pm     Reply with quote

Matt,

A few years ago I looked at a program from Synapticad http://www.syncad.com/. They make a few diferent models of the program which at the time I liked. However, the high flying startup that was once the company I worked at was augering in and becoming a smoking hole in the ground and we could afford even a pad of paper to draw the diagrams so I can't really give you any first hand experience. Let me know what you think.

- Bruce
DragonPIC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:45 pm     Reply with quote

There is a demo for syncad, but program is not really in my price range (far from it at over $1000). You would think there would be something more affordable out there. Not that hard of a program to make (I would think). The lower priced programs I see seem so simple and they are asking $100-$200+ for them. For that amount I would expect quite a bit more personally. Must be a quantity thing that makes it so pricy.

I found 1 program that only works with Mac wordprocessor program. Don't have a Mac, but maybe they could make one for Word as an add-on or something.

Oh well, after spending some time figuring it out, TimingExpert seems to be getting the job done. Still looking for a little more.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: