CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Newer chips supported? 18F46xx

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newguy

Newer chips supported? 18F46xx
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:10 pm     Reply with quote

Just a quick question for those of you with the newest version of the compiler (PCH).

I have an application that has outgrown the memory of a 18F452. I'm thinking of using an 18F4610, 18F4620, or 18F4680 instead, but my version of the compiler, 3.178, doesn't support these particular processors.

Can anyone tell me if the latest version(s) of PCH supports these chips, or better yet, if there's anyone out there that has actually developed an application lately with one of these beasties, I'd be grateful to hear from you.

I'm just trying to find out if the latest version PCH is relatively bug-free before I pay for the 1 year maintenance.
dyeatman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:36 pm     Reply with quote

My 3.221 PCWH shows support for the 18F4610, 4620 and 4680. I have not used these yet...
newguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:42 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks.

I was poking through the archives, and it seems that these parts started to be supported sometime last summer. I hope that's been long enough for CCS to work out any bugs.

I was seriously considering an 18F6680, as my compiler does support it, and I've used one in a product before. As I was planning out what pins to use for what (I only need 26), I was really bothered by all the wasted pins if I used the '6680. That prompted me to start digging around to see what other processors are available, and led me to the 46's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: