CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

Why wireless signal dropped after running for a while?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
young

Why wireless signal dropped after running for a while?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:11 am     Reply with quote

I am running a setup using TWS434, RWS434 for a MAnchester encoding and decoding (see my last Macnchester coding decoding post:what is the problem with my manchester en(de)coding program?). The problem is that when I monitoring the sending and receiving signal using oscilloscope, the receiving signal looks fine after power up, after a while ( time period changes), it suddently drops to around 1/3 of the original, for example, if high is around 4.6, after a while the high will only be 1.8, the signal frequency is still the same. Why this happens, and how to avoid it.

another thing is sometime the sending signal site suddently did not sending data. I changed the crystal, but it still the same, and I changed the chip, nothing changed. why rs232 port suddently stop sending data?

Thank you
young

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:56 pm     Reply with quote

at the receiver side, when i take the chip off, i could always see the normail signal, there is not such signal drop at all, thw signal drops occured only when the microchip is plug in the circuit. why?
young

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:26 pm     Reply with quote

An answer to my self and a knowledge to share:

When I checked the program, and found out one problem, that is I defined the port RCV as Output instead of Input, when I changed it back as input, the signal drop never happen again so far.

Everything is running happily!
SherpaDoug

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:04 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know the problem is solved.

Back in the stone age when I was working with the 16C5x series, PICs had a reputation for corrupting the TRIS registers. So I developed a style to check and refresh them regularly.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: