CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

battery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sigma

battery
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:30 am     Reply with quote

hi, all,
I know this is not the proper place to source electronic component, but this is the only forum i found is most active on embedded hw.
I have a project now powered by CR2032, which has a continuous current drain less than 7mA. But my board requires around 10-15mA coutinuous drain, not pulsed current. Anyone encounter any battery that is common enough, tiny size (comparable with CR2032 or slightly larger), non-rechargeable, 3-5 volt, capacity of 200mAh or more and finally can handle this kind of current drain. Thanks.

Shocked
Sigma
Ttelmah

Re: battery
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:35 am     Reply with quote

Sigma wrote:
hi, all,
I know this is not the proper place to source electronic component, but this is the only forum i found is most active on embedded hw.
I have a project now powered by CR2032, which has a continuous current drain less than 7mA. But my board requires around 10-15mA coutinuous drain, not pulsed current. Anyone encounter any battery that is common enough, tiny size (comparable with CR2032 or slightly larger), non-rechargeable, 3-5 volt, capacity of 200mAh or more and finally can handle this kind of current drain. Thanks.

Shocked
Sigma

Change your battery technology. The lithium manganese dioxide technology used in these cells, is not designed for high discharge rates. It is optimised to put a lot of capacity in a small size, at low rates. The highest capacity battery in this type of format, is the CR2450N, and while this has nearly 3* the capacity of a 2032, it is still not going to meet your requirements. Even at 7mA, you are running at over twice the maximum design current for a 2032, and will be getting about half the rated capacity.
A single MN9100 alkaline manganese cell, with a 1.5v to 3v switching inverter, will give you 3v for about 30 hours at 10mA, exceeding your requirements easily (and a lot cheaper...).

Best Wishes
libor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:42 am     Reply with quote

I recently found this site, it helped me to clear up my confusion of various battery chemistries and their use: (like: primary = not rechargeable)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:48 am     Reply with quote

Sigma,

Even larger (itīs AA size), you should try ER14505 battery. Itīs 3.6v @2400ma.

Gabriel.-
bas

Why not lithium-ion or lithium-polymer?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:50 pm     Reply with quote

Ultralife batteries (www.ulbi.com) makes some very small Li-Ion and Li-pol batteries. The nominal voltage is about 3.7V. These batteries come with all the protection diodes on-board as well.

The Li-Pol batteries come in a 30 mm x 20 mm package.

Li-Pol and li-ion drive cell phones--GSM in particular can draw over an amp at a time--they should work just fine for your application...
Ttelmah

Re: Why not lithium-ion or lithium-polymer?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:43 am     Reply with quote

bas wrote:
Ultralife batteries (www.ulbi.com) makes some very small Li-Ion and Li-pol batteries. The nominal voltage is about 3.7V. These batteries come with all the protection diodes on-board as well.

The Li-Pol batteries come in a 30 mm x 20 mm package.

Li-Pol and li-ion drive cell phones--GSM in particular can draw over an amp at a time--they should work just fine for your application...

Yes, assuming he does not need a long 'shelf life', where these batteries fall down rather badly. :-)

Best Wishes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: