CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

MPLAB V8 or Real-Ice with CCS V4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbarberis

MPLAB V8 or Real-Ice with CCS V4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:14 pm     Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wondering if any brave souls have tried using the CCS compiler with the newly released MPLAB 8? So far I have been able to interface V4.063 with this version of MPLAB, compile and use the mplab simulator without any problems. However, for some reason I am not able to get my ICD2 to work in the debug mode with the above. Because I have never tried using my ICD2 with the CCS compiler in any previous version of MPLAB, I am not sure if it is a version related problem, or is it just that ICD2 does not work in debug mode with CCS? Is there any specific thing required to make the ICD2 work on debug mode with the above compiler?
Also, has any one here used the Real-Ice emulator from Microchip while compiling with mplab and CCS?? Question
cbarberis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:19 pm     Reply with quote

Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Never Mind, I guess I answered my own previous question.

The answer is: YES , MPLAB V8 works fine with CCS V4.063 on debug with ICD2 and it also works quite well with the new Real-Ice emulator, tried them both in real time debug mode.

My problem was a simple one, it's called: "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS DUMMY" before confusion sets in. Embarassed Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: