CCS C Software and Maintenance Offers
FAQFAQ   FAQForum Help   FAQOfficial CCS Support   SearchSearch  RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CCS does not monitor this forum on a regular basis.

Please do not post bug reports on this forum. Send them to support@ccsinfo.com

pic to mmc interface, anyone?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eceeng

pic to mmc interface, anyone?
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:34 pm     Reply with quote

I am currently working on a project where i have to interface PIC to Multi media card. My goal is to save a file in the MMC using the pic. I am a beginner in PIC programming and I have a hard time writing the program that will suit for my project. Any suggestions for the program?

By the way, I will be using PIC16F877 and CCS Compiler IDE version 3.212.

Other Specifications of my project:
UART Communication between PIC and MMC

thanks a lot...
ckielstra

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:42 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
UART Communication between PIC and MMC
This doesn't sound right. Use SPI to communicate from PIC to MMC. Use the UART to communicate from PIC to a PC.

Save yourself a lot of troubles by upgrading the PIC16 to a PIC18. The MMC card has to be written in blocks of 512 bytes and PIC16 processors don't have that amount of RAM (reading is no problem as this can be done per byte ). Ofcourse there are possible tweaks to use a PIC16 with MMC cards but why start a new project with such a large handicap?

Consider using an LF-version PIC as the MMC cards work at 3.3V or lower. The interface to the PIC will be a lot easier when the PIC is running at the same voltage.

More recent versions of the CCS compiler do include an MMC driver (v3.226 is the oldest version I have installed and has this driver).

Last tip: use the search function of this forum and search for MMC, this topic has been discussed many times before including schematics and example code.
eceeng

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:29 am     Reply with quote

thanks...
eceeng

follow up
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:10 pm     Reply with quote

thank you very much for the information. anyone who can help me write the program using ccs compiler?

thanks guys..
ckielstra

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:16 am     Reply with quote

In your other post you mention you are using a DOSonCHIP module, this is a complete different setup. Use of a UART and a PIC16 processor are than no problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CCS Forum Index -> General CCS C Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: